A Building Survey, (often referred to, in the past, as a Full or Structural Survey) is a bespoke written report suitable for property of both conventional and unconventional construction and of any age or size.
What sort of property needs a Building Survey?
It is particularly recommended for a period property, or that is Listed, or of unusual construction, or in need of obvious repair. This is a very comprehensive report tailored to suit a particular property and will highlight defects, repairs and maintenance options.
The Benefits of a Building Survey Include:
- Details of the materials used in construction and how they will perform in the future
- A description of visible defects and explanation of problems posed by hidden defects
- Information on repair options and an explanation of the consequences of not acting
- Information on problems which may be dangerous or pose a risk to the building
- A focus on defects which require urgent attention
- Information on problems which may be dangerous to occupiers or pose a risk to the building
- Advice on future maintenance
- Highlighting of issues to be investigated by your Legal Adviser
- Photographs highlighting defects and other issues relevant to the property
The Building Survey will provide detailed information on construction and condition and will include photographs.
A Building Survey does not include a valuation, but we can provide this as a separate extra service.